The Hopeless Romantic

This is my blog of the daily musings of my life. The details of my thoughts and feelings as a lesbian in Sheffield. With a mad and slightly weird family, but truly blessed having found my soulmate: FT. It's not always interesting, not always happy, but always honest and true! The fight for my dreams begins!

Monday, January 23, 2006

I Don't Like Mondays!!!

Well, I think it's fair to say that I just did not want to get my arse out of bed this morning! FT didn't have to hand her essay in until 12pm, so for some strange reason, I was slightly bitter at the fact that she was trying to pester my arse out of bed at 8:30am so we could go to the gym and swimming!!!! Can anyone think why I'd possibly want to stay in bed on the first opportunity when we can actually have a guilt-free lie in together? I can!!!! I miss my baby!!! :( Hopefully tomorrow then...
Well, seen as I was 'encouraged' to get up, I thought I might as well make the most of it, and decided to go swimming whilst my lady was having her gym work out. It was really cool actually! I even managed to find my way up the stairs to the pool without falling over, which is quite an achievement as I'm as blind as a bat! It was quite cool really. I mean, I know I didn't do much in the way of lengths, but I have to build it up! And anyway, it's more lengths than I was doing a week ago... so I feel proud of myself at least! Very proud in fact!
I also spent a bit of the day tidying the flat, as it needed a bit of a clean up! Apart from that, I cooked my lady a lovely meal of salmon last night, and I used the George Foreman grill thing (not as George Formby as good ole Doofus called it :D), and it kinda made the house pong even more than usual! So I thought a bit of a spruce round with some antibacterial spray would be a good thing!
Whilst in the midst of cleaning products, my gorgeous lady comes home with a friend who she went out with for lunch. I then had to wait nearly an hour for Doofus to arrive from her swim so we she could practice her presentation for the exams tomorrow. I cooked a chilli and garlic stir fry of chicken and veg for my lady and Doofus as well, which I think went down really well! Well, I hope it did! I do like to impress my friends and my lady especially with my culinary skills... I hope I succeed!
Other than that, I've had a fairly chilled evening. Chatting to my mum on the phone, and catching up a bit on the goss. And more productively I spoke to my best friend from home, Lou. She's a strong Christian, and it's the first time we've spoke on the phone since I came out to her as gay and told her about mine and FT's relationship. So I was really aprehensive to start with, but things were cool. She acknowledges the fact that me and FT are a couple and are together... and she was even asking how FT was doing at uni and stuff. Which I am really happy and relieved about to be honest, as I thought I'd be disowned. It brings back my faith in the fact that people who are your friends and family love you for who you are, not what they expect you to be! I just feel a lot lot more positive, more than I can express, that I have overcome another hurdle. I'm just sorry I didn't do it sooner!
Now I'm off to bed, to settle down and watch some episodes of lost, and wait on my lady, as she's feeling a little fragile and unwell with a poorly tummy!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home