The Hopeless Romantic

This is my blog of the daily musings of my life. The details of my thoughts and feelings as a lesbian in Sheffield. With a mad and slightly weird family, but truly blessed having found my soulmate: FT. It's not always interesting, not always happy, but always honest and true! The fight for my dreams begins!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Music & Magic in Manchester!

Well, having previously been a bit disillusioned with my livejournal. After this past weekend, there is no way on this beautiful planet that I can't do anything but bring myself to post in my journal, because resent amazing events cannot be omitted from a journal of my daily life!
Myself and the beautiful FT, who I have the pleasure and privilege of sharing a life with, had a reasonable lie in on the morning of Friday 17th of February. Which was very much needed after a manic week! Then we set about packing a suitcase (which was mammoth considering we were only going to be away for two nights! Well, my lady is a femme, and as such, it’s genetically impossible to pack lightly. … Well OK then, so perhaps majority of the stuff, clothes at least, were mine, but that’s just because I really really really wanted to look my best and make a good impression this weekend. I wanted to feel equally as amazing as the woman on my arm, hence the never ending supply of outfits in the case. Mind you, not that I can ever testify to looking half as gorgeous as my lady, but I wanted to go prepared.
We ordered a cab for the station and before long, were waving goodbye to our luxury pad (which was reasonably clean and somewhat more empty than usual) and off for our eagerly anticipated weekend away. I must say, for us, the train journey and the getting of tickets etc was very smooth running. Having once knocked over a huge metal sign right in front of a copper in our haste to Catch a train which we’d have been better off missing anyway. So it was lovely to amble into the station and catch the train at leisure. And I must say, the journey itself was extremely pleasant and romantic. We both had seats, and there was lots of leg room, and it was hardly packed. And there was even a trolley service, so we were able to have a nice cuppa and relax! And the train was more pleasant smelling than any I’ve been on in a while! So we sat there, soppily glancing at each other romantically the whole journey listening to songs on my iPod. Well, it was all peace until Nobby the Knob got on the train at Stockport and proceeded repeatedly play every ringtone on his ancient mobile phone all the way through in turn. With a headache beckoning, we were both thankful when the train arrived in Manchester Piccadilly not long later, for more than the reason of just escaping that prat, who frankly should have known better for a grown middle-aged man!
After a short walk, we were at the hotel in no time at all, considering I missed it when we walked past it the first time! And after navigating a group of middle-aged Irish men, who were suspiciously paying for their rooms in advance in cash, we had checked in and were on the way to our room! It was a lovely amazing room, big and comfy, with a double bed, sofa, TV, big window, tea and coffee making facilities, and a Jacuzzi!!!!! Oh WOW! We barely had time to get in and explore the room and have a quick cup of tea than it was time to get ready to go out to get some food and to the Kelly Clarkson concert!
Now the concert itself: I didn’t really know what to expect from it. As at 23, I feel as though I should be a bit past the extreme excited childhood can’t contain myself type thing. So, I was looking forward to it, but not wanting to seem too enthusiastic for not wanting to look like a complete prat. And I was muchly miffed at having to hang about outside in a queue for an hour as the time on the ticket apparently states the time the doors open and not the time at which the performance starts… since when?! So I stood there in the queue close to and chatting to my gorgeous lady. Who I must say, looked extremely hot. Half the time I was standing there staring at her with a huge grin on my face, at how wonderful it felt to be out, just us, doing something different and special. And she just had this completely radiant glow about her which lit up the darkened streets and captivated every corner of my imagination. Somehow, I just didn’t notice how bloody cold it actually was outside, and before long we were going through the doors and into the Apollo. And I didn’t even notice how long we were waiting for the supporting act (The Faders) who were actually really good, to come on stage. We sat there, holding hands the whole way through, it was amazing. Then, before we knew it, Kelly Clarkson was on stage, and everyone was on their feat. Now I have to say one thing… if there is anyone out there who thinks Kelly Clarkson can’t sing live, then you’re talking out of your arse! Pardon me! She was out of this world fucking amazing! There was none of this faffing around you get at concerts targeted at the younger generations, and all respect to the woman, she was on stage, giving it large for like an hour and a half! There was very little in the way of ponsing about costume changing, it was a musical marvel and was lyrically brilliant! To come out more than three quarters of the way through the set and stand there and sing a slowed down version of ‘Beautiful Disaster’, with no instrumental accompaniment whatsoever, to hit every note after jumping about on stage and bellowing hits out all night takes some balls, and it was fucking amazing! Kelly Clarkson is a legend and has my utmost respect! So I’m advising anyone who even half listens to me to go and see this woman live… you won’t be disappointed!!! This is coming from me, the 23 year old, who hasn’t been to a concert like that since a Steps concert which I attended before 2002. Well, that’s a lie, as I did go to a Jill Scott concert with my lady last year, which was good, but I had no idea who Jill Scott was, and was too overwhelmed by meeting her best friend Baby G for the first time that I didn’t want to make a complete arse of myself! Yet, there was something about Kelly Clarkson and that motherfucking amazing performance which had me on my feet, dancing and singing, I can’t remember feeling excited about anything like that for I can’t remember how long! Shit… I sound old now! It was amazing, standing there, with my lady at my side, and watching her from time to time, and all I could think was how lucky I am in life, and how beautiful and special my lady is. I stood there watching her all throughout ‘because of you’ (which I know to be one of her favourite songs), just watching her. Smiling and singing and dancing, and just glowing the most beautiful incredible way ever. I honestly felt the luckiest woman in the world to be there then, and to be in her life!
After the concert we made our way back to the hotel, arm in arm and raving about what an amazing night we were having. It wasn’t that late when we ended up back in our luxury suite (yes, it was luxury… she’s amazing is my lady!). And it wasn’t long before we were ripping each others clothes off (and my lady breaking my new thong which I’d bought for the weekend – wasn’t her fault though, I mean, if it’s gonna break, you rather it happen in the heights of passion rather than in the washing machine). We then made the most (and I mean absolute most) of the Jacuzzi! Using it to its fullest potential. Well, too incredibly randy lesbians in a Jacuzzi, what do you expect?! , And then we just lay there for what seemed like ages, just chatting, in each others arms, all wet and crinkly until the water got cold and we started to get cold. We then dried off and lay in bed, with me reading Harry Potter to FT, however, it seemed the activity of the day and night was too much to handle, and she started dozing off just as the chapter started to get good! (Damn blast and fuck!)
I didn’t sleep particularly well, dunno what it was really, I think a bit of missing our bed es, and being in a different place. So I was still a bit whacked when it was time to get up the next morning. I just lay there, in my lady’s arms, the safest place in the world and could quite happily have done so for the rest of the day. But we both wanted to wander and see what Manchester had to offer, so we were fairly disciplined and headed off to explore the city! We walked and shopped for hours! And didn’t buy that much, but had an amazing time, just wandering and exploring and just being with each other! And to be honest, there was far too much to explore in a single day, but we gave it a damn good try! We did buy a couple of things though. I bought FT a pair of very sexy black stockings to replace her other ones, of which she has lost one. And she bought me a couple of thongs, to replace the one that got broke the night previous. I know I’m gonna sound like a right freak now, but I can’t tell you how amazing it was that she wanted to buy me underwear. Maybe I’m weird, but it made me feel incredibly special, like it was something she wanted to see me in. And I don’t mean to imply that she never takes and interest in what I wear, which is completely the opposite, but it just made me feel special, that’s all. We couldn’t have wished for better weather as it was sunny and what felt like the warmest day of the year! It was lovely! We got Starbuck’s and sat outside by a fountain drinking it and listening to a band play instruments and sing. It was amazing. It was like one of those romantic films where there’s a montage of romantic scenes of a couple throughout a period of time whilst a song is playing. It was just like that. And I never thought moments like that ever happened, only in the movies! How wrong I was… it was magical!
After hours of ambling around, we were both pretty knackered, and headed back to the hotel, hand in hand to have a rest and regain some of our strength for the evening. Hmm, like that was going to happen with me reading lesbian erotica to her! I don’t know about regaining strength as we ended up, as we always do given half the chance, having mad passionate sex, on an incredibly noisy bed, but to hell with it! It was much needed! I know it’s a reoccurring theme of my journal entries, but I can’t believe just how amazing the connection between us is, and it really truly gets deeper and stronger. Anyone out there who has found their soulmate will know exactly how I feel, I’m not a complete freak, honest! I worship the ground this woman walks on, and I want the whole world to know how amazing our life is and just how much in love we are! I was completely in awe, and I’ve never felt so overcome as I did yesterday afternoon, I just didn’t know what to do! I lay there, in FT’s arms, and emotion and feeling just completely overwhelmed me, and I couldn’t stop floods of ecstatic happy tears from flooding. I can’t explain how I feel, and believe me, I’ve tried! And the more I try, the more emotional I get, and the more I cry! I went from crying to literally running and jumping around our suite, and I just wanted to scream from the top of my lungs till I had no breath left ‘I fucking love this woman, and I’m happier than ever thought possible! I want to spend the rest of my life with this woman!’ But I had to be reserved as I didn’t want to be kicked out of the hotel… but that was the only thing I was able to restrain myself with!
Before I knew it, she was shaking me back to my senses and ushering my into the shower so we could get out to eat!So all showered and dressed, we headed off to China Town for some food. And almost as if to top off the perfect weekend we found this amazing Chinese restaurant, which, had we been in Sheffield, would have given Tim Po a run for its money, but it is definitely where we’re heading when we go back to Manchester! From there, after a gutful and a half of Chinese, we headed off to Canal Street for a bit of culture. Now I know this might sound strange, but although I was a bit nervous as I’ve never really done the gay scene before, at least not away from uni, but I was well excited and up for it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for there being equality and open-mindedness and the opportunity for people to be who they are rather than what society expects, but it is really cool to have a gay scene where you’re not gonna be started at for holding hands, looking longingly at, and snogging the face off the love of your life, who just happens to be another woman! In a respect, I find myself evolving as a person on a daily basis. Firstly because this serious relationship and commitment thing is new to me, and as that grows and evolves, so do I, but also in the sense of my sexuality and within the gay community. I’m probably gonna sound like a right fool here, but when me and FT got together, it was like, I knew I was gay, and stuff, but there was something about our relationship which made that the sole focus of everything, and I can lay my hand on my heart and say that I didn’t consciously sit there and think ‘I’m in love with a woman’ and as far as my emergence into the gay community goes, I emerged, and continue to do so, at the rate of our relationship, and there is a certain coming to terms with your own sexuality before you feel comfortable doing that. I chickened out on pride and YLAF last year, not because I didn’t want to go, but because I got scared and didn’t know what was expected of me. But then, I had known I was gay for less than a year. That all feels different now. There’s a phrase from ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ which says something like you can’t really see things from another man’s point if view until you step inside his skin and walk around in it. So I don’t expect everyone to know what I’m getting at with this point, but it’s like as an adaptation of that comment, I’ve finally got comfortable with walking around in my own skin, rather than the one that society thinks I should walk around in. I just feel at a point in my life now, where I’m emotionally, physically, and financially in a situation where I say to hell with anyone else and what they think. I have the love and support of my mum, so if the family disown me cos I’m gay, so what? She’ll always be there. And that helps cos she is being so so so supportive of my life with FT. She’s brilliant with us and I could never have wished for any better. And The love and support of my precious lady, which keeps me sane and keeps my feet on the ground, and picks me up when I feel down, all at the same time.
So, aside from that HUGE digression, what I’m trying to say, in terms loud and clear for everyone to hear, is that I loved trailing the gay scene of Canal Street, and I was so proud to have the most amazing, gorgeous, special woman on my arm! I felt so in love, and loved, and blissful, and happy! And I can’t begin to explain how proud I am to be gay and be the woman that FT wants to be with! She knows I’m devoted to her and I couldn’t be happier than she makes me! I just hope I make her feel the same! I’ll quite happily die trying… she knows that!So after spending a good while in a couple of groovy bars, taking ages over our drinks as we were so full, we decided to head back to the hotel and cuddle up, as we were far too full to manage much else!We went back to the hotel, and had a lovely romantic evening, of naked cuddles, listening to music and passionate sensual sex, just chatting and being with each other. After a good while, we decided to get some sleep, and cuddled up together in bed, with FT spooning me, and I felt more complete than I have ever done in my entire life! I drifted off to sleep feeling special and loved… it was pure bliss!I didn’t want to wake up today and catch the train home! I can’t wait for the next special weekend!
So, for my darling FT. The one and only love of my life. My Soulmate. My best friend. My life. My lover. My everything. Thank you sooooooo much for the most amazing weekend I have ever had in my entire life! I have never felt to loved, and so special as how you make me feel. I treasure you my darling! I love you with all my heart, in this life and the next.
Infanam sweetheart xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home