The Hopeless Romantic

This is my blog of the daily musings of my life. The details of my thoughts and feelings as a lesbian in Sheffield. With a mad and slightly weird family, but truly blessed having found my soulmate: FT. It's not always interesting, not always happy, but always honest and true! The fight for my dreams begins!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Romance On My Mind...

I've had a crazy day today to be honest. And I don't know where it has gone! FT and I were up until 2:30am this morning, as we had our friend Doofus round to stay cos she needed cheering up, so we ended up somehow awake into the early hours chatting and chuckling about random things. It was great! Although I think me and FT were well knackered by the end, as we've been on the go, pretty much solid for a whole week now!
I departed this morning into the depths of chilly town to do some shopping, after dropping Doofus off at the library on the way. I was supposed to be meeting our friend D at somepoint for a drink or a coffee, but she text me saying she wasn't feeling too well, so I thought 'bugger this chilliness for a game of soldiers' and hopped back in the car to head to the local shopping mall for warmer territory!
I was on a complete mission today. I was first searching for the perfect valentine's present for my lady, and ended up only getting her a card so far, and a birthday card for my mum. But then I decided that as we have the house to ourselves for the first time in ages, I was gonna plan a romantic evening and spoil her rotten! Especially seeing as my planned romantic massage last week didn't happen. So I thought I'd seize the opportunity tonight!
FT went round her friend LB's house, so I had it all planned. I cleaned, and changed the bedding to our new suede stuff, and bought candles and roses and so forth. I sprinkled rose petals on the bedding, and placed roses on the pillows. Littered the room with candles for that extra romantic feel. I updated my iPod with a love songs playlist and set that up in the bedroom using my lady's docking station, so we can have some romantic music. And I put a bottle of champagne to chill in the fridge.Then I set to organising the table for a romantic meal, and preparing the food... marinading the chicken for the stir fry and preparing a gorgeous fruit salad for pudding.
I even had a shower and got dressed in my smart clothes to try and make the evening as special as possible.
Then, shortly after, my lady phoned and asked me to pick her up... soundung decidedly sexy on the phone may I add... so off I went to meet her. Armed with a rose in my hand to make my intentions of a romantic evening clear!I think she was taken aback to be honest. Hmmmm.
So now the scene is set, and after updating this, we're gonna retire to the bedroom so I can give her a much deserved massage and make her feel good and loved like never before. And settle down watching a DVD possibly, enjoying strawberries and champagne!
Ever the romantic me! I hope she enjoys it!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home