The Hopeless Romantic

This is my blog of the daily musings of my life. The details of my thoughts and feelings as a lesbian in Sheffield. With a mad and slightly weird family, but truly blessed having found my soulmate: FT. It's not always interesting, not always happy, but always honest and true! The fight for my dreams begins!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Things I Forgot From My Last Post...

Well, it is inevitable, after a good couple of hours of thinking about everything that has happened in the past month, as it's been that long since I updated, that I was going to forget something, or just want to get the damn thing posted and miss bits out.
But how could Friday night escape my head?! It was magical! Despite feeling ill with a sore throat and an ever impending cold, it was that once-a-month night that Climax comes to call at the union. Yes, Climax... not a full blown university orgy (well, not intentionally anyway, although the lesbian community round here is incredibly incestuous), but the once a month LGB club night... which is two rooms of cheesy music, rammed with those loyal members of Sheffield's LGB community - that is the ones who haven't boycotted Climax for the ever-growing spectacle that is Fuel.
Anyway, it's an ace night, and we try to go to as many of them as we can, seeing as it's a once a month thing. We usually meet up with some friends whilst in there, or in the Interval before hand, and all hang out and boogie and drink together. However, at the moment, it's a dodgy time of year for university, as many of our friends have exams or essays imminent and so forth, so for once, it was just FT and myself. We hadn't been out clubbing together, just us for ages! Must be getting on for months ago. So we were really looking forward to it!
We pottered about getting ready, and making ourselves look nice for the evening. I wore my strappy white top, which displays a fair bit of cleavage, and a pair of jeans, which I knew my lady would really appreciate. She on the other hand, looked absolutely beautiful! She wore her strappy black top and strapless bra, which make her look incredible. It felt like my eyes were popping out of my head the whole night! And I couldn't keep my hands off of her!
We ambled down to the Interval at our leisure and had a couple of drinks, and my lady had a cocktail, and after about an hour of just chilling and chatting and staring deep into each other's eyes in there, we were off to Climax. I don't know where the eveing went! We spent a while dancing together, in each other's arms, and kissing, completely lost in each other, and then sitting in the new 'chill out area', and chatting and holding hands and just being with each other! We just danced, and kissed and chatted the night away. And it just went so fast! It seemed like we were only there for a few minutes, but we left at 1am when they decided to put none other than an Abba tribute band on stage! Ahem! So we left, somewhat dispondent that we hadn't heard 'Paris to Berlin' by Infernal! But to be honest, we were both ready to go and continue our amazing evening back at home. It was an incredible night, and it mad a lovely change to be just us. I couldn't of had a better night! I was completely on cloud nine!
We continued our night at home with a deep conversation about having kids and being open and honest with them, particularly about sex. You can see the ins and outs of that discussion over on my lady's journal, but with one parting thought about that:
Both FT and I had really different upbringings about sex and relationships and how our patents were with being open with us and so forth. And I just think, that as different as our upbringings are, as given us both enough experience to do things differently with our kids. We are both in agreement about discussing things with our kids, and how to go about doing that. I think we'll make excellent parents and there is no one else in the world I want to have kids with or share my life with!