The Hopeless Romantic

This is my blog of the daily musings of my life. The details of my thoughts and feelings as a lesbian in Sheffield. With a mad and slightly weird family, but truly blessed having found my soulmate: FT. It's not always interesting, not always happy, but always honest and true! The fight for my dreams begins!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Welcome to the family beby Una!!!!

Yay... that's right, the latest, and newest, and first addition to our little family has finally turned up!!! We, or should I say FT, has an 18 month old guide dog called Una... or as I affectionately term her... Spoons (not that she's particularly fond of that name just yet!). Anyway, enough of all the ramble... so I guess you wanna see her right? Well, here she is:

That's our little baby! And believe me... it is like having a baby as well! The first night she moved in we tried our hardest to get her to sleep somewhere other than our room, only she just wouldn't settle anywhere, and all we heard all night, like a pair of nervous parents, were her paws up and down on the wooden floor, like tap tap tap tap, and we kept reassuring her to go back to bed and stuff. So neither of us got much in the way of sleep, and were pretty tired yesterday! So last night, we decided that we'd move her bed into our room, but as close to the door as possible, cos at least if she got up for a wander, we have carpet in our bedroom, so we wouldn't hear tap tap tap. And it seemed to work much much better!

As for life right now, I have an amazing woman by my side, and the cutest lickle puppy in the world, and everyone keeps saying and it really does feel like we're a proper family! I'm loving every single second of it! And things really couldn't be better!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:59 pm, Blogger Sapphire said…

    So why Spoons???

     
  • At 8:58 am, Blogger doctorlucy said…

    Well, the guide dog people didn't like Una, so were calling her Tuna and Tunes for short... and well, Tuna is just silly, and I thought Spoons was cute... and it's kinda been a bit of a hit!
    And she's starting to answer it properly now, so YAY!!!!

     
  • At 7:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home