The Hopeless Romantic

This is my blog of the daily musings of my life. The details of my thoughts and feelings as a lesbian in Sheffield. With a mad and slightly weird family, but truly blessed having found my soulmate: FT. It's not always interesting, not always happy, but always honest and true! The fight for my dreams begins!

Sunday, June 04, 2006

All in All... a Busy Weekend!!!

I've seriously had crabby-itis the past few days! It's been a mixture of a lot of things actually. Primarily the fact that I'm hormonal and pre-menstrual, which generally promotes moods and high emotions. I've found myself in the usual catch 22 situation, where the only thing that would make me feel better is lots of love from my lady, but I've been a complete bitch, and seemingly impossible to love, so she's hardly inclined to be nice to me when I'm being a bitch... which made my moods worse. God I can be a cow sometimes!
I've spent a fair bit of time over the past few days creating a Blogger account for my lady, and designing her blog for her, as she too has converted to the dark side and determined that livejournal is crap in comparison. The only trouble with Blogger is that a lot of the designing features don't work with her screen reading software, which made it pretty inaccessible. But I knew she really wanted a Blogger account, so I spent some time and got it all up and running for her, and have agreed to undertake any maintenance she wants with it. I made my young lady very happy!!!
We embarked on a trip to the cinema on Friday evening to watch 'United 93', the film about the only plane on September 11th not to hit it's target. My advice is it's a film that everyone should see, whatever you think, but it is one of them films that really makes you think for days after. It had my lady in tears right at the end. And I think I speak for both of us when I say there were things what the film showed to have happened on that day that just didn't get publicised over here in the UK. I thought it was an extremely sad film. And that hit me more after the film that at the end or during it to be honest, when it just brought out anger and rage more than any other emotion. I suppose the rest just hit me afterwards. We had a similar terrorist attempt in London almost a year ago now, when FT and I were in Cyprus, with tubes and buses blown up by suicide bombers. All my family is in London, and FT's friends are there too, so we were just panicked with worry when we heard the reports on the news, and phoned everyone we knew right away. Plus we're going to Tunisia a week today, so it makes you think.
But aside from all of that, was the fact that she's going to Africa in July, with like three flights each way. I know it sounds stupid, but I worry less when we're together. We're meant to be together, and as pathetic as it might sound, I feel as though if I'm there, I can protect her.
I got like no sleep on Friday night. I was worried shitless about if something were to happen to her in Africa, and having to carry on without her. It had me waking up in cold sweats with tears in my eyes, looking over to check she's still there! I know there's more chance of me getting killed while out driving than anything happening to FT in Africa or whatever, but there is no logic to fear!
I don't understand love me! And I think I'll spend my life trying to figure it out! But one thing's for sure... I do know that when you've met your soulmate, the thought of ever being without them kills you inside!
I'm getting worse now, as it's less than a month till she goes away, so as each day passes I feel a bit more uptight, and a bit more worried and a bit more lost at the thought of being without her. Which is so damn frustrating, cos things are so good at the moment! I don't wanna fuck it up cos I'm feeling hyper emotional!

The past couple of days we've had FT's Uncle, Aunt and two kids up. And, to be fair, we've spent most of the weekend in the park! We have the gorgeous beby hound, who we're puppy-sitting for FT's Dad, with us for a week and a half, so it was nice to knacker him out by walking in the park and throwing balls for him to fetch. Not all of the enjoyment was had by walking the dog though, as our park across the road from our house has THE most amazing playground! And we reverted back to kid status (even FT's uncle), swinging on this giant 'A-frame' thing, and on a stand-up see-saw, as well as the swings... and I have a very funny video clip on my phone of FT trying to climb a kiddie's climbing wall! There was amusement all around, and fun was had by all! I'm not sure, but I think I might be making a good impression with the future in-laws! Finger's crossed!
We also all settled down and watched 'Elf' on DVD! It might not be christmas, but it is always a great film! And contrary to what she always thought, FT sat there in fits of laughter herself! I knew she'd love it if she gave it a chance!
I managed to get myself some brownie points with FT as well, as on a trip out to get some bread, I managed to track down some Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream - which she loves and was unable to get at the cinema on Friday! I know what she likes!

Apart from that, I've spent the day catching up on my blog, and backdating it with all the livejournal posts which are now archived, so I'm very pleased with that!
And I've just had a call from my lady on her shift, when she shouldn't have been calling me... but she made my day! And ever since I've been grinning from ear to ear!
God I'm in love!!!
And it's great!!!!!
-x-

5 Comments:

  • At 5:16 pm, Blogger High Maintenance Femme said…

    I love you too xxx

     
  • At 3:48 pm, Blogger Bent Fabric said…

    Awww! Aine took the words right out of my mouth.

    All this talk about ice cream makes me want ice cream for lunch.

     
  • At 9:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

     
  • At 1:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

     
  • At 11:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is very interesting site... »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home