The Hopeless Romantic

This is my blog of the daily musings of my life. The details of my thoughts and feelings as a lesbian in Sheffield. With a mad and slightly weird family, but truly blessed having found my soulmate: FT. It's not always interesting, not always happy, but always honest and true! The fight for my dreams begins!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I Sometimes Wish I Could Shoot My Sensitive Side...

It's been a mad day today on the quiet.
FT and I have been niggling at each other over stupid things since last night. And it's left me feeling thoroughly drained today. I think I've got a complete bout of PMS, so am hyper-sensitive and easy to offend and upset. And FT has just finished working her arse off getting all her essays handed in for her second year at uni, and needs some space to let her hair down.
So if we both know what's going on, then how come we end up bickering and falling out?! Fuck knows!
You see, she obviously wanted space, but wouldn't actually say or make any reference to the fact she needed some time to herself. The end result is that I ended up feeling as though she really didn't want to be around me, or to be with me, and she was fed up and feeling trapped - this is how it seemed to a premenstrual me, FT's acting like she needs space, but telling me she really doesn't.
We ended up having words the afternoon, and I ended up departing to meet Doofus at the pub for a drink feeling quite tearful and just wanting things to be OK.
Rationally, I know that everything is brilliant and she just needs some space, but it all gets a little confusing sometimes, especially when I'm feeling emotional and sensitive!
One thing I do know for certain though is that I love this woman more than anything, and I'd do anything for her!

I managed to get some chill time, and collect my thoughts whilst out with Doofus, and we indulged in a healthy portion of chocolate fudge cake, which made for a great therapy!
After a couple of hours out, we went back to Doofus' and I rode her bike round the block, which made me smile, as I must have looked like a right idiot, and it made me feel like a kid again! I also fed her little squee wee (pet rat, Jones) a white chocolate button, and stroked him a bit. I borrowed a DVD called 'The Secretary' too, which she reckons is a bit raunchy and worth a watch. So I'm looking forward to settling down to that at some point soon, not sure it'll be tonight though as I need to fill in a PGCE application, to go back to university to do a teaching degree.
There's always so much to do, and there always seems so little time!

Right now, I'm watching some random celebrity X Factor crap while my lady is out with Kim for the evening, and trying to pluck up the energy to continue with this application!
Wish me luck!!!
-x-

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home